BIM CAD TECHNICIAN
Job Summary: Assists BIM Coordinator with all CAD and coordination related functions.
- Performs ‘conversion’ of 3D CAD files into 2D plot drawings to communicate with field personnel and other designers. This includes installation drawings that will be sent to the field for construction purposes and spool drawings that will be sent to the shop to be fabricated.
- Models HVAC piping and duct systems as well as various accessories in a 3D CAD environment to be used for coordination and construction.
- Converts a hand drawn isometric from the field into a CAD spool drawing to be fabricated in the shop.
- Inserts CAD points at critical locations (hangers, housekeeping pads, floor sleeves, etc.) to be imported into a Trimble layout tool for laying out points in the field. For some projects this may include operating the Trimble layout tool on the job site (applicant will receive on the job training).
- Operates a Trimble TX5 laser scanner (applicant will receive on the job training) at the job site. This also includes downloading and colorizing the scan files, stitching job scans together, and extracting pertinent information out of the scan file in Realworks software.
- Communicates with and fields questions from field personnel and other designers about a 3D model or 2D plot drawings.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A high school diploma and AutoCad certification or minimum 3 years of AutoCad drafting or modeling experience.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC piping and duct systems.
- Experience with reading and understanding engineered plan drawings.
- Ability to operate, access, and maintain diverse software applications.
- Knowledge of Revit software a plus.
- Be comfortable on an active construction site and be able to lift equipment with a weight of approximately 40 lbs.
- Medical and dental insurance (company paid)
- Health Savings Account to supplement insurance coverages
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Life insurance (company paid)
- Voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance (company paid)
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match and profit sharing